I’ve been wanting to try out a new recipe that Russ could easily participate in making. Creating this recipe was definitely the perfect choice for us. These little goodies turned out even better than I expected them to and It’s taking all of my will-power to keep my hands off of them. I hope to make Chocolate Nests every Easter with my family from now on.
- 12oz bag chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 3 c. chow mein noodles
- 1 bag Cadbury eggs (Or egg-like candy of choice)
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Combine chocolate chips and peanut butter in a slow cooker set to warm. Stir every few minutes until completely melted.
- Add chow mein noodles and mix until noodles are evenly covered in chocolate mixture.
- Scoop spoonfuls of mixture into cupcake liners and press down firmly with back of spoon.
- Top with Cadbury eggs.
- Let nests cool completely before eating. (throw them in the freezer for 10 min if you want to speed up the process)
Russell and I couldn’t stop snacking on our extra chow mien noodles. They are addicting!
If you are wanting an alternative to the chow mien noodles, I’d recommend any of the following: Coconut, slivered almonds, rice crispy cereal or even shredded wheat cereal.
For our nests, I bought a variety of basic Cadbury Eggs but also some of the brighter Whopper Eggs. I wanted a lot of different colors for Russell to choose from. If you aren’t the biggest chocolate egg fan you could just do jelly beans or marshmallows. The combinations are endless.